I've never been a big fan of football or other sports for that matter. The most involved I got in sports has been NASCAR, and only Nextel/Sprint Cup at that, and only because I'm in an ESPN Stock Car Fantasy group online, hehe. I've been to a couple races at California Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but that's another story.
As for NFL football, unless I'm entered in a pool, I normally don't follow or care. The exception would be the Super Bowl for its halftime show and party opportunities, hehe. If I have to root for an NFL team, it's generally for the Washington Redskins since I grew up in the DC area. Otherwise, it's occasionally for the New England Patriots, my father's team, since we used to live in MA.
As for college football, I cared even less and never watched. I don't even know/understand all the rules. This brings me to my point. I am surprised at myself when it comes to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish! I don't mean to be a snob or whatever. But before I moved to IN, my ex-boss in CA said I would become a Notre Dame fan. I was like, not. Well, it took a year, but here I am, a changed woman, lol. Not only do I tailgate, but I attended the Notre Dame Fighting Irish/Nevada Wolfpack season opener. And I watched the Notre Dame Fighting Irish/Washington Huskies game on Saturday and actually found it riveting, especially when they tied at the end of the 4th quarter and had to go into overtime in crappy weather no less. I know, crazy, right?
The fan support is amazing out here. Maybe it's 'cause South Bend is a college town and there are less events and happenings than other cities. But whatever it is, I'm now officially interested. I guess never say never.
As for NFL football, unless I'm entered in a pool, I normally don't follow or care. The exception would be the Super Bowl for its halftime show and party opportunities, hehe. If I have to root for an NFL team, it's generally for the Washington Redskins since I grew up in the DC area. Otherwise, it's occasionally for the New England Patriots, my father's team, since we used to live in MA.
As for college football, I cared even less and never watched. I don't even know/understand all the rules. This brings me to my point. I am surprised at myself when it comes to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish! I don't mean to be a snob or whatever. But before I moved to IN, my ex-boss in CA said I would become a Notre Dame fan. I was like, not. Well, it took a year, but here I am, a changed woman, lol. Not only do I tailgate, but I attended the Notre Dame Fighting Irish/Nevada Wolfpack season opener. And I watched the Notre Dame Fighting Irish/Washington Huskies game on Saturday and actually found it riveting, especially when they tied at the end of the 4th quarter and had to go into overtime in crappy weather no less. I know, crazy, right?
The fan support is amazing out here. Maybe it's 'cause South Bend is a college town and there are less events and happenings than other cities. But whatever it is, I'm now officially interested. I guess never say never.
Comments